We are all about celebrating, exploring and amplifying the presence of Afrikaans. That is why a collective of proudly-Afrikaans people and organisations collaborate on the Afrikaans.com platform. This website as well as the ‘Veldtog vir Afrikaans’ (Campaign for Afrikaans), an initiative of Afrikaans.com is funded by Dagbreek Trust.
What is Afrikaans.com?
- It’s the best go-to site to discover more about our beautiful and colourful language.
- It’s a safe environment to explore Afrikaans.
- It’s a place to test your knowledge, learn and improve your Afrikaans.
Who is it for?
This platform is a space for people who feel part of the Afrikaans language family (intimately, distantly or accidentally). It is also for those who would like to know more about the language or who are curious about the living world of Afrikaans. The topics that we cover include leisure, experience as well as learn and share. You can also find sections on music, books, food, a handy festive calendar and a web catalogue to assist when searching the Afrikaans landscape.
Feel free to share your unique world-in-Afrikaans with us. Or, surprise us with your views and experiences of Afrikaans. We’d love to hear from you!
- Create a platform where the footprint of Afrikaans, the language, its culture and its people can be celebrated, explored by (other language groups too) and increased.
- Provide information to the layman and the expert, the curious and the informed, in a fresh and innovative way.
Afrkaans.com strives to:
- Create a valuable platform for users of Afrikaans and to take the lead in creating an online movement which positively promotes Afrikaans.
- Develop a strong, active online community that is centred on the needs of the users.
- Offer useful information, entertainment and education packaged in a user-friendly manner.
- Promote proudly Afrikaans organisations, festivals, performance arts and projects through linking with their relevant websites.
The trademark of Afrikaans.com can be described as follows:
Afrikaans.com is committed to the cause of Promoting Afrikaans to everyone with South African roots.